M.A.K. provides legal assistance to the artists and art experts in the field of Latvian visual arts and fine arts, who consider their copyright, professional, economic, social or moral rights violated, and need help to defend their legitimate interests or to represent them in law enforcement agencies and in relations with other natural and legal persons.
Anyone can submit an oral or a written complaint to the M.A.K. lawyers, which will be handled confidentially and free of charge.
Legal assistance includes:
- providing information on rights guaranteed by the law;
- consulting individuals on the possibilities of solving a case according to the legislation;
- recommendations as to which institution a person could apply for assistance in the case;
- helping in achieving a friendly settlement between the parties involved.
In exceptional cases M.A.K. can help with assistance in composing legal documents, providing legal opinion, and representing an individual in civil or administrative court.
After reviewing a complaint, M.A.K. concludes whether the rights have been violated and provides its opinion and recommendations. M.A.K. always tries to reach results which are acceptable to all parties involved. If it is impossible to reach a friendly settlement, M.A.K. provides their assistance and recommendatory proposals.
The written complaint should contain the following information:
- name and surname,
- return address, phone number, e-mail,
- name of the organization or the person against whom the complaint is being filed,
- as accurate as possible account of the situation, describing all facts in precise detail, all surrounding information, names of the persons and positions of the officials involved, precise names of organizations and their addresses,
- information about organizations or state bodies to which plaintiff has already applied in relation to this particular violation, and about responses obtained,
- copies of the related documents, links to the web sites.
Written complaints should be forwarded to:
Pulkveža Brieža iela 8-3, Rīga, Latvia, LV-1010,
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal consultations should be arranged by phone: +371 27 344 574